segunda-feira, 12 de dezembro de 2011

Time to say goodbye


Today I was rereading my blog and wow…time (definitely) flies! Cliché? Well, but it really looks like it was yesterday that I got in the sunny San Diego, a little bit alone, a little bit scared and asking myself if I would be able to stand nine months far from home, friends and family but I survived and here I am!

I can’t deny that in the first nights I kept asking myself what was I doing this far, but now, every – I really mean every - single thing, experience, person and decision that I took makes sense. (My friends back home might be asking, “why the hell is she writing in English?” Simple: I want my friends, my business management community, my family abroad to also understand it as well).

When I got here I was expecting to have an amazing time, improve my English, get some experience in Marketing but now I see so clearly that I got so much more than this…I definitely had the time of my life, met some incredible people and even those one who were totally different from me taught me something. Once again I have to say “thanks GOD” for always putting me on the right path, right place, with the right people.

So I just want to quickly (those who know me know that it won’t be quick hahaha) write something for you guys:

Neda: The late girl on the first day...who would know that you would become my love, my angel, my super special amiga. I have to admit that I don’t even know how to thank you for everything that you have done for me, really. Thanks for always saving me in so many different situations, for always being so kind, so positive, so you…it is just impossible not to love you and I love you so, so bad! I would do anything to have you in Brazil for a while but whatever, no words for you. Be sure that you will always have someone far away thinking and cheering for u! I will carry you with me.

Hamid: my competitor, I have to assume, you won. Or should I say we both won? I say this because you won having such a special girl by your side and me, at the same time won twice having Neda and you as my friend! Keep working out, keep leaving the lights off (better with the lights off hahaha) and keep being this awesome guy that you are! Glad to meet you and glad that Neda has you (just a reminder: take good care of her otherwise I will come back to kick you off hahaha).

Mah: or should I say “morrr”. It is impossible to think about you and don’t smile! You made my days here much more enjoyable and happy and as I said once, my California wouldn’t be the same without you. You were the one who I knew that I could run to do everything or even nothing. I will never forget our songs of high quality, our texts and our Fridays – sometimes at the ward – but never mind, as soon as you miss me I will be in Recife, eating “Mainha’s food”. Love you so much and I am glad for having you and also a house in the northeast with shrimps in my life hahaha. “Aaaaaaaaai Marcelle”.

Marcelo: my brother, my black brother! I am pretty sure that we will meet a lot in Sao Paulo so I will not be this sad writing for you. Just want you to know that was such a huge pleasure meeting you over here. You are an amazing and unforgettable person and I just want to say thanks for you always hear me, always accept my invite no matter if it was for social media training or a Jacuzzi, tamo junto sempre and I love you! Wait for you “zerado” in sampa bro!

Nat: or should I say big head? Even with all our differences I have to leave my proud behind to say that you are such a special girl. So special that just you can’t notice that…anyway, thanks for welcoming me in your place so so so many times, for the good moments, for the laughs, for sharing your clothes and food. Super love you and I will wait for you in Brazil, not in my place if you know what I mean hahaha. Ta de sacangii comigo?? Hahahaha…

Eduardo: thanks for sharing your computer and your home with me and also thanks for teach me that “todo mundo erra sempre, todo mundo vai errar” hahaha. It was super cool meeting you and enjoy your last moments here and come more times capengando at home hahaha. I’ll wait for you in Sao Paulo.

Andrew: For sure we will meet in Brazil but I just want to say thanks for aaaall the rides, for being such a good CEO hahaha, kidding. But seriously thanks for our talks and laughs. It was a super pleasure meeting you and I will take some “classes” in Brazil hahaha.

Min: danaaada!! Hahahaha, baby I will never ever forget you and I am so glad for meeting the best piece of Korea  Thanks for always being so kind, cute, and friendly and for always give me food hahaha. I am already missing you saying “Marii” in the way that just you do but anyway, I will be waiting for you in Brazil. Love you!

Maki: Lovely lovely Japanese! This time we will not meet in Brazil but next one you have to come to my place, done? Thanks for the friendship and good moments and keep being this amazing woman, professional and friend! Love, will miss you and moshi moshi Maki!

Erika: the smile girl! As I said we will meet in Brazil, for sure. Just want to wish you all the best and it was a pleasure meeting such a sweet and happy girl as you are!

Christine, Kengo and Bela: Even if we didn’t spend too much time together it was such a big pleasure meeting you guys. I am pretty sure that you will be fine here in US and anytime you want to my house is all yours in Brazil, take care.

Paulinha: you are a present for the family and as I expected such a great present! Thanks for everything meu bem, for the good moments, good histories and always good company. Now you have one more reason to come to Sao Paulo and one more to stay in my place. Enjoy every single moment here because when you realize will be ending, this is Califa bebe and you deserve everything that it can bring you. Take care and love you.

Coworkers: (Bru, Yasar, Ezel) seems that you guys left for a long time but we always talk and miss you guys. Love you all, want you to keep your styles hahahaha and hope to see you again!

Roomies: (Weiwei, Sha, Yang) thanks for sharing your space and days with me, for always being so nice and friendly. It was a huge pleasure meeting you guys and I couldn’t imagine myself living in a better place than ours. Anytime you want to my home is all yours in Brazil.

As the tattoo I did says “Veni, vidi, vici” (or I came, I saw, I conquer) and def I feel like this I came, I saw and conquer so many things… I bet I am the same old person (ok, now I know that I can cook, wash my own clothes and live by myself), maybe I really didn’t change, maybe I just find myself here. More than never I know my limitations, I know what I want and do not want for me and moreover, I know how blessed I am for having such an amazing family that always support me no matter what, for having so old and loyal friends but at the same time for having new and lovely ones that I will never, never forget!

This last nine months really were my “California dreaming” and of course it wasn’t all flowers, but even that made this experience unforgettable and so special. Big thank and big hug for all of you who were part of it. Glad to had this opportunity but also glad for coming back to my beloved country!

Wait you all in Brazil.

Love,

Me.

Um comentário:

  1. Lindo!!!
    Filha, estamos te esperando numa ansiedade tamanha. O coração tá quase batendo fora do peito...
    Tá tudo prontinho, faxinamos o seu quarto, lavamos cobertor, o travesseiro preferido... Vamos te esperar com o strogonoff e o bolo de cenoura!
    Passeie mais um pouco aí, e volta logo pros nossos braços!!!!
    Te amo, maluquita!!!

    ResponderExcluir